Congressional Fellowship Program
We are currently accepting applications for our 2021-2022 Fellowship Cohort
Have questions about the fellowship? Make sure to attend our upcoming Informational Webinar.
- Salary of $40,000 for housing and other expenses
- Roundtrip Airfare to D.C.
- Health insurance reimbursement up to $200 a month
- Placement in a congressional office
- One-day Hill orientation
- Professional leadership and policy enrichment workshops throughout the program
- Networking opportunities
- Mentorship throughout the program and access to our online mentorship platform
- Support with job placement after program
- An active member of the Muslim community;
- Majoring in an ISF supported major;
- Graduated with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the United States or a DACA recipient
- Application form
- Cover Letter
- Video introduction
- Essay Questions
- College transcripts
- Policy interests
- Two letters of recommendation
After applying, selected candidates will be given a conditional acceptance by ISF, and ISF will use its Congressional connections to help candidates get a position in a Congressional office.
Candidates will interview with offices. Once an office extends an offer to a candidate, a final acceptance will automatically be given to candidates by ISF.
Fellowships will begin in D.C. in September. Fellows will work full-time hours with Congressional offices (as set by the office) starting in September and are not permitted to have any other internships or employment.
Sessions & Workshops
Fellows end their position in September with an exit interview and can continue to receive mentorship support for permanent job placement .